Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Compact

Has not been going very well.

I bought a lot of new things in the recent past - had many birthdays and christmas presents to buy.

But the good news is that I've been bringing home those things in reusable bags. I have my net bags (which is one of the new things I bought :)) and have been using them and some cloth tote bags lying around in the house.

The reaction at stores has been mostly good. I just have to be really deft at checkout and give them my bag before they reach for a plastic bag.

This is so much less than a drop in the ocean, but I see people eyeing me and my bags, and hopefully they're not thinking "What a weirdo!". Maybe one of them will want to use their own bag next time instead of the store's wasterful, environmentally unfriendly plastic (or paper) bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home