Monday, October 23, 2006

The Compacting

First, thank you @ and Tharini for giving me company.

Hope that you're doing better than me. I broke my pledge by buying my daughter a little pair of denim overalls - for her teddy bear.

I avoided temptation by going straight to what I needed when I had to go to Target. I finally gave in when we spent four hours wandering about a mall yesterday (and I figured an outfit for her old bear is better than a new bear).

Ironically, the most temptation came from the same site which inspired me to simplify. I would really like to have those net bags.

On the other hand, last week I finally gave away her old cloth diapers through freecycle. Freecycle lives up to its name - everytime I use it, I feel freer and lighter.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anusha said...

I would really like to have those net bags.
...LOL! you're right - incorrigible :) did you know, those gigantic paper bags you get at Whole Foods - they are so very recyclable...and versatile..bonus, if you use those at your next trip to WF you get 10c off...yea, not a whole lot, but every dime counts, doesn't it?

Ok, so, now, am I supposed to confess what all I've bought? Does Diwali shopping count? What about the $1 mega blocks and $1 baby books I am about to buy thru an online yard sale?

Sounds like I've fallen off the wagon already...

3:21 PM  
Blogger Myna said...

@,

No, you don't have to confess all :)

You must have had something in mind when you decided to buy less? If what you bought brings you happiness and not extra weight on your mind, then to me it doesn't count.

I didn't write about other things I bought. The overalls made me feel guilty because I specifically wanted to avoid buying more toys (daughter has way too many).

Now you mentioned online yard sales, and I'm tempted to go look. Should I stir that hornet's nest? :)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Itchingtowrite said...

i am all for shopping. good job done!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Tharini said...

:)

I don't know what my purchases would fall under but I bought 3 pairs of very comfy track pants and large sized warm shirts to keep up with the growing belly. Don't regeret those, even as I wear them right now.:)

What else....yes a few carefully chosen books at Bargain books. Theyhad a great discunt going and it was sooooooooooooooo hard to not go crazy in there!

So we bought a few nice titles for my son's home library...the only indulgence, acc. to me, has been this really cute personal diary for $3.99. *sigh*.....those are my weaknesses.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home